Belvoir operates in three markets within the property sector: lettings, sales and financial services.
2021 has been an exceptional year for the property sector with the Belvoir Group fully focused on helping home buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants to achieve their property aspirations.
Both the sales and lettings markets have thrived in 2021, despite the uncertainty caused by Covid-19. The main challenge facing our business is meeting the massive increase in demand from people wanting to move home.
Property market trends
- Demand – housing demand remains strong in 2021
- Supply – remains constrained in most UK regions
- Affordability – is key to both renters and owners
- Buy-to-let – BTL mortgage market expected to expand
- Technology – delivering efficiencies
- Legislation – aimed at professionalising the sector
- Section 21 and evictions – safeguarding tenants
Financial services market trends
- Demand – recovered in the second half of 2020
- Future of mortgage lending – looks bright
- First-time buyers – key to activity in 2021